A list of generally useful info for a Central Texas ham.
My callsign is KF5ZQE. I'm primarily on 2M FM in the Central Texas area, but occasionally I'm on HF. I don't lurk anywhere at the moment, but I'm likely to be found on the lower half of the 80M (<3.7Mhz) band or somewhere up in 20 meters.
- TARC - Local to Temple, general club where there isn't a particular focus.
- CTARC - Also local to Temple, primarily focused on weather and emergency communications.
- HOTARC - Just up the road in Waco.
- TSGARC - Texas State Guard - Also up in Waco.
- Monday nights at 7PM, TARC Net on 146.82 +123.0
- Tuesday nights at 9PM SSTV Net on 147.24 +97.4
- Wednesday nights at 7:30PM W5TSG Emergency Relay Net on 147.320 +123.0
- Thursday nights at 8PM CTARC Net on 145.31 -123.0
- UV-5R (for playing around with digital)
- Icom 880 (Mobile) with a 5/8 wave whip on my car
- Icom 880 (QTH) with a 1/4 wave whip
- UV-82 (Mobile/working)
- Icom 7200 (QTH) with a G5RV in an inverted V for NVIS HF